Tuesday 13 January 2015

Ego clinging, loosening the grip

I have been tense in my upper back, my neck, as if there is compression which would enjoy release, it has seen my body contort itself during the recent meditations and interrupt stillnes.

Today I found toward the end of the meditation I thought a current hindrance is that I am still doing meditation for personal glory: that it may lead me to a place where I am good to others which will reflect well on me.

Hiwever, I feel also that this is not quite true, as if I am good to others that will be enough for me, but my ego clings on, wanting praise, wanting reward. It is lessening, but there.

There are enough glimpses in meditation of peace to draw me on, to the love of all life, where I share stillness and insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment