Saturday 25 July 2015

What is your motivation to do good? Meditation reflection – July 25 2015

I am reminded today in metta meditation (wherein I glimpsed the simple wish for happiness, though did not kindle it for long, being unfocused) that compassion ought not become pity and equanimity not ambivalence, both of which I am guilty of harboring from seemingly benevolent desire. It is currently in focus for the project I work on aimed at offering a platform for the homeless population of the world to feel and (re)build their own value, equitable to all others, used for their individual and communal good. Within this is a great uncertainty as to purity of motive, so I seek to maintain my openness about it, I strive to do good, not to patronize for insincere motives or seek credit for selfish reasons, nor pursue selfish goals unwittingly. And if I fail in this I hope to create something that may be given freely, taken from me (as it is designed to be) and used by those who have salvation in mind.

All my children are born to be adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment