Tuesday 28 January 2014

Metta Meditation Reflection - Jan 28 14

Link to meditation, guided by Bhante Sujato.
Came with pain/tension in my side, it was not so prominent that it obscured the meditation, yet it obstructed a little, as it does with my sense of myself. During the mantra, calling for love toward myself, toward a person, toward all beings was welcome. Though I had no significant feelings to reflect on, I feel more as if I am the one trying to give love, to spread it out from myself around the world or directly to others. The trying, the effort, is not conducive to the practice so I shall look to keep that in mind. Perhaps metta can be an encouragement toward love, a gifting from existence? It is inherent in existence otherwise it would not exist, so to draw on it and enjoy it can be a path in this meditation. There is no concentration, no right and wrong, all thing in existence are accepted, to lean one way or another is temporary. To experience joy is delightful and inspiring, and as we have an opportunity to direct our attention, this is a positive way to be. All ways of being are part of existence and can be celebrated, we are not empty, we are full, and our personal experiences swim through the range of feelings that exist. It seems some take more life experience to uncover than others, whilst other emotions hide when a certain direction has been taken. Perhaps all that is, is a temporary path, where we are surrounded by one feeling more than another, making the other feelings less clearly perceived? Meditation can allow a step back, to reconsider our perspective. The idea that we gravitate to joy is a part of it. A welcome place to be, especially if it has been absent. A place where sharing is kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment