Wednesday 29 January 2014

Metta Meditation Reflection - Jan 29 14

Link to meditation, guided by Bhante Sujato.
Came with a small distraction from the pain in my side, which did not deflect my meditation much. I let the metta be something that was outside of myself which is shared, like Zev Kolman's blue diamond energy, and looked to absorb it, to send it to a loved one and to share it with all beings. I did not feel change inside, but I did connect with past experiences of feeling good as I have at other times by following Ajahn Brahm's instruction, this feeling stayed whilst I had those memories in mind. More practice required. It is a good pause though, with less distracting thoughts than in the breath meditation, though that may simply be due to the mantra's.

No comments:

Post a Comment