Thursday 30 January 2014

Metta Meditation Reflection - Jan 30 14

Link to meditation, guided by Bhante Sujato.
Came with less physical hinderance, and did not think of it during the meditation, I was not connected with loving kindness in a physical sense, though I felt a change when I recollected contentment from parts of my life. When using the mantra may all things be happy, it occurred to me that some beings' happiness is predicated on the suffering of others, so I was conflicted and it spoiled the meditation there a while. Generally I have been conflicted as to do metta meditation seems to be a wanting (happiness for oneself as for all beings), when my 'wanting' gets in the way of happiness, for I cannot want my way to happiness, only accept and realize contentment in all things by letting go. The middle path is a winding one, a balancing act, I have had poor balance most of my life. That is accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment