Saturday 1 March 2014

'Lotus' Meditation Reflection - Mar 01 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.

Came to the meditation a little flat, mentally, a bit down due to stress over financial concerns (that I likely have no great cause to be concerned about) and the emotional well being of a loved one. Physically, I had a little bit of and unsettled stomach. Through the meditation I was able to relax my body and felt no discomfort there, I was still and mostly let the body go, some small tensions in my shoulder appeared late on but it was a very minor distraction. My mind wandered to both positive and negative places, neither one deeply, there was a mix of wanting and self pity, concerns that carried over from before the meditation, and the mindfulness to say to myself "Let this alone, these are not things that need enter my mind, they are not happening now, now is a peaceful and beautiful moment, just be here." I connected with 'now' for brief moments and felt relaxed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment