Thursday 20 February 2014

'Center Of Attention' Meditation Reflection - Feb 20 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.

Came to it with minimal physical and metal distraction, there was a physical discomfort that kept me from letting go of the body for some time but in time it released. In looking to center my attention on 'now' it allowed all sounds that were going on around me to become prominent in the sense of conspiring them to be part of the now. They included ones I might have stopped my meditation for and become involved in, but I stayed in the meditation and looked to let them go, to move instead to some internal peace that let me be the impartial observer, whilst not knowing whether that was an appropriate response to sounds of agitation I was hearing, should have left my meditation? I did find a few moments of peace, and after the meditation it became clear that staying in the meditation had no negative consequence and I did not need to attend to what I was hearing. "Don't just do something, sit there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment