Friday 7 February 2014

'Lotus' Meditation Reflection - Feb 07 14


Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.
Came with small amount of physical tension, the pain in my side still there but diminished. The meditation went 'quickly', I felt relaxed in the posture and had little distraction from my body apart from the pain. I attempted to diffuse it and that had moments of relieving it. My mind did not wander to too many thoughts, and those that came were let go, though I did not notice silence. There are always dim lights, though I feel these are biological. Some sense of my eyes reacting to what comes through closed lids instead if the nimmita's described by Ajahn Brahm et al. There was one soft blue light that may have been a formative nimmita but it dissipated. The breath is something that has never become beautiful yet. I am relaxed though, and have been able to occasionally soften anxieties by being positive about them and their unnecessarily negative view. Any thought of suffering can be similarly a thought about opportunity and empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment