Tuesday 25 February 2014

'Lotus' Meditation Reflection - Feb 24 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.

Came to it after attending to some business that stayed unresolved and left a small burden of stress. Physically I felt pretty good. Was sleepy during the meditation, whilst I was able to let go of my body for some moments I again felt the pins and needles which had me change my meditation posture, eventually changing it a couple of times today, so the body was not deeply relaxed. I had thoughts floating around, they weren't a great distraction and none were repetitive or insistent, but they did not leave me room for silence, instead I found myself feeling a bit tired and drifting into sleepiness as I had the other day. It has been part of the guidance that this can happen often until the mindfulness is stronger, though it has not happened to me for many months. I could think that I simply haven't had enough sleep but I don't think that is it, it feels more like my energy to focus is lacking due to the number of thoughts I have running around. In attending to things outside of the meditation hopefully I will have less thoughts to still when I come to the meditation tomorrow, or I will be able to let go of them more completely once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment