Sunday 23 February 2014

'Peace' Meditation Reflection - Feb 23 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.

Came to the meditation with no prominent mental or physical distraction, though a little anxious on waking this morning, which had mostly dissipated by the start of the meditation. I was able to let go of the body sometimes, though became aware of some discomfort in my posture after about half an hour and changed posture. Mentally I stayed quite relaxed, though I had drifting thoughts, none overpowering, and from time to time I was able to identify them and gently say, "Not now," to myself, allowing them to stop, leaving moments of silence which were more peaceful and felt like a deeper state of mediation, only for me to realize sometime soon after that I had been thinking again and was not in anything but a shallow relaxed state.
I don't seem to be able to focus my attention on the meditation object, having a wandering mind that slips through the fingers of direction to go its own way. I appreciate from other guidance that to let this occur without being harsh with it - and thus focus on a negative thing to make it important - could allow it to stop in and of itself i.e. to stop kicking the ball, though as yet, the ball still rolls, still trundles down endless corridors of thought bouncing from one wall to another as it goes. The ball will come to a stop at sometime, it seems nearer than before, it is rolling slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment