Friday 18 April 2014

'Letting Go' Meditation Reflection - Apr 18 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm

Does this really help, to list my reflections? Maybe it helps me, but that wasn't supposed to be the point. How can my detailing my meditation practice help you?

I hoped there may be some common ground, a place where what i experienced connected with yours, but it would be the blind leading the blind in some ways. Lots of Monkeys hoping to write Shakespeare. Still, Here we are.

I came to the meditation quire relaxed, and let go of the body somewhat, my thoughts drifted around low level concerns and ideas, family things, complaints, wanting work, wanting attention. then at some point my body started it's twisting again, it has been happening fairly consistently recently, my head twists far to the right, stretching out the left side neck muscles quite far, it feels comfortable whilst it's happening, then afterward my neck feels a bit achy.

Ajahn had said its almost always excellent where the body contorts itself as long as we are not compelling it consciously, so i go with it. Hopefully it will help my upper back pain.

How does that help you? Well, maybe I could say, "I find my body contorting itself, I had heard guidance that should it do so, it is usually excellent for you, the body working it's own kinks out, so if you find that happening to you, let it continue, I'm passing on what I heard."


How does my basically relating the ongoing skimming the surface of meditation help anyone? Well, maybe I can say "Once again I am only skimming ht surface of meditation, yet I know from the guidance I follow that this is the most common lay issue with meditation, and it is only the practice that will let any deeper states come. Practice combined with mindfulness, with reflection and guidance, these things can further the benefits and journey into mediation, so as I persist, come along with me and lets see how we do, let me know if you have any breakthrough."

No comments:

Post a Comment