Wednesday 2 April 2014

'Meditation Posture' Meditation Reflection - April 2 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm

Came to the meditation having started some work which concerned financial issues that provoke anxieties, physically I felt write relaxed, with some minor pain that distracted occasionally, but not through the whole meditation, in which largely I was able to let the body go.

There was definitely a sense of relaxation, of some peace and acceptance, also the thought to let the meditation be a thing of and to itself in which I practiced the guidance, and not to expand the idea of the practice to live every moment of my life by applying the guidance for meditation. I thought in that moment, that this would free me from wanting more from the meditation than whatever it gives during the immediate practice of it, whilst letting go the underlying taught truth: that meditation does affect the whole life lived whilst practicing it.

This felt like it might allow more focus during the meditation.


I drift through gentle thoughts and imagination, all peripheral bar that one idea, and came to the end of the meditation feeling more relaxed and more alert, once I had come out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment