Sunday 6 April 2014

'Meditation Posture' Meditation Reflection - Apr 6 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm
Came to the meditation after a simple morning and was quite relaxed, physically comfortable. During the meditation I was not quite able to let go of the body as completely as recent days, a small ache in an ankle being enough of a distraction to be uncomfortable.


Mentally I had several bouts of thinking. I came into the meditation aiming to disappear myself and just sit with my hearing taking in the world, till I let that go, yet I did not follow that path.

My mindfulness is able to act as gatekeeper sometimes, not consistently, though I felt today, very much that it was aware, that I was able to notice my thinking and quiet it, let it quiet down, aided by my mindfulness.

This is an early stage of meditation then, perhaps, where I am consciously invoking my mindfulness, next (though to seek 'what's next' is counter-productive) may be unconscious invoking, so there is a simpler movement to silence and after that perhaps the silence where mindfulness is also at peace and can relax its attention, the mind acing become peaceful enough not to need constant, or any, monitoring. If this is a journey through meditation, it may have a path; to see where mine goes and not to direct it is in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment