Sunday 13 April 2014

'Separate from your thoughts' Meditation Reflection - Apr 13 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.

Came to the meditation early after waking, felt relaxed but for some minor physical pain, being a beautiful day, I sat outside for this meditation.

Was able to let the body go mostly, save for this upper back pain/tension, I found that my body moved me about, it felt quite automatic, I was not consciously propelling myself and just went with it whilst keeping my mind open without thoughts. Instead of using the object of projecting thoughts onto a screen I was using the sounds of the world to fill the space that thoughts inhabit, though perhaps a better analogy was that I was emptying my mind of thoughts to allow the space to hear the sounds of the world. This kept my thoughts quiet for periods within the meditation. Though thoughts did drift, mostly connected to wanting; to the process of trying to find some work that would be worthwhile, enjoyable and connected to my creativity. This is a circle of thoughts that will probably persist until work is found or one of my creative projects provides the financial means to not have to work for others directly.


I finished the meditation feeling a bit better physically, and quite relaxed mentally, the emptying out of my thoughts by turning my attention outward feels like it works as a meditation object at this stage, though I know that reducing distraction is a means to peace in meditation that the guidance directs us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment