Monday 14 April 2014

'Separate from your thoughts' Meditation Reflection - Apr 14 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm.


Came to the meditation soon after waking, feeling quite relaxed, though my sleep was patchy. Sat outside again, using a technique of opening out my perception to let every sound in, but not follow them for meaning, only for perceiving my inclusion in the world. My thoughts were few, but there and I did not go deeply into meditation, there was also a physical discomfort that was with me for quite a while in the meditation but left by the end of it.

I feel quite refreshed and comfortable and would say the method I use has a benefit to me in lessening my thoughts so may pursue that for a while, whilst I can sit outside and meditate.

The thoughts I had went back to a discussion about religion I was having with a religious Jew who proclaimed the Torah to be clearly God's words as they have never changed, whereas as all the other religious books have different versions. It seemed to me that tales like the Iliad and the Odyssey and early Greek plays have also survived unchanged, but with commentary, like the Torah and the Talmud. Perhaps I am wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment