Friday 25 April 2014

"You cannot teach the stomach to catch food." Meditation Reflection - Apr 25 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm,


I came to the meditation relaxed and ready to let go of things and see where the meditation, and did let go of my body significantly, but after a while with my mind, I forgot to let things go, to throw them away and drifted few a few thoughts, then my mindfulness would say, "What is it you are doing, can you move around that and let things go, to see what happens when there is silence?" and I went there for a little while before again finding a thread that I picked up instead of leaving on the ground and so the meditation unravels a little bit at a time whenever I pick up that thread and pull on it. I will make progress when I see the thread and can leave it alone.

Enlightenment can only be found when you stop looking, and I am searching everywhere at the moment. My focus is in the wrong place. You cannot teach the stomach to catch food.

No comments:

Post a Comment