Friday 4 April 2014

'"Stress is not the purpose of life," Meditation Reflection - Apr 4 14

Link to meditation, guided by Ajahn Brahm

Came to meditation fairly comfortable in mind and body save for carried stresses which mentally tend to anxiety and physically to pain. The pain persisted at a very low level during the meditation, the mental anxiety fell away mostly, some thoughts coming to say "Stress is not the purpose of life," also bringing up a number of things I was intending to do today, and imaginations taking me back into last night's dreams occasionally.

So mentally I did not let myself let go of thinking, although the thoughts were not anxious in nature, more peripheral and even calming at times. Still, I have not been able to use the meditation to refresh myself mentally.

At the end of the meditation I feel relaxed, quite alert, my body has been still and benefitted perhaps the most today.

No comments:

Post a Comment